Create a Caring Classroom Culture
Crucial to Learning!
Research and Rationale
Who, what, why, when, how much?
Deliberately and Specifically
It won’t happen by accident
Inclusive, Safe, Brain-Friendly
Settle those amygdalae so learning can happen
Grow Nice People
Make the world a nicer place
Classbuilding and Teambuilding are fundamental to everything Kagan does. These terms are verbs in Kagan-land as it’s not something that happens – it’s something that’s done!
This one day workshop (normally two days) is specifically for those of you who have attended Level 1, Kagan Cooperative Learning (at least Day 1) and are looking to add to your repertoire of CBs and TBs.
For anyone else, it would need to be two days as we’d need to cover a lot more of the rationale and room set up.
You will learn:
- and revisit the five aims of Classbuilding and Teambuilding
- at least eight more structures specifically aimed at creating that caring community and team
- great ideas for application, and share your knowledge as well
- more Silly Sports and Goofy Games
Give all your students, and yourself, a lot more variety around getting to know and value each other!
You will receive:
- Create a Caring Class Culture course workbook
Pre-purchase these resources at a special price:
- 30% Discount off the Classbuilding, and Teambuilding books
- 30% Discount off the Classbiulding Questions and Teambuilding Questions books
No workshop planned as yet, but we’re working on one early in Term 1
Host this workshop at your school!
1-20 participants $1500 plus
21-50 participants $1500 plus
51-99 participants $1600 plus
100+ participants $1800 plus
- These prices are for school-hosted workshops (school provides venue, catering, and covers trainer travel expenses where applicable)
- All prices include the workshop workbook
- Prices details: Base-fee plus the per person price
- All prices are exclusive of GST
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm new to Kagan - can I still do this workshop?
We have set up this one day workshop for teachers who have already done at least Level 1, Day 1 (Cooperative Learning).
To be honest, you would gain so much from doing that workshop as we cover Classbuilding and Teambuilding, room set up, team formatio…everything!
It’s foundational to everything we do and is the best place to start if you are keen to create the optimal learning environment for all your students.
Who should attend this workshop?
Everyone who has done at least one day of Kagan Cooperative Learning, and is looking to broaden their repertoire of CBs and TBs.
It’s a fun day!
How many teachers can you train at once?
We can train as many as required dependent on the size of the venue. The more the merrier is always our approach, as you then truly experience how effective Kagan is as a teaching strategy – same directions for any number.
And there is so much more knowledge and experience in the room!