Kagan Structures for Juniors
Engagement! Learning! Social Skills!
Every student talking every time
Techniques to make your class hum
Productive talk, move and play
Develop IQ and EQ
The early years are a critical time in a student’s education, yet children come to school with vastly different abilities and experiences, and the quicker we can embed crucial social and communication skills, the faster they will start achieving academically.
This workshop will the structures and adaptations necessary to make cooperative learning an integral part of your class programme. If you seek to engage every student as well as teach them how to follow directions, work in pairs or teams, share and take turns, and communicate effectively, then this workshop is a ‘must do’ on your PLD calendar. (As an ex-junior teacher, I get excited just writing this!)
You’ll learn ideas and activities you can implement the next day!
Perfect for all teachers of Years 1-3 or special needs specialists
You will learn how to:
- engage all your students with the best Kagan Structures for younger children
- manage your students with simple management techniques
- get your students working together in pairs or teams
- meet your students’ basic needs to move and talk
- create a cooperative amd caring class that will nurture all your students
- boost comprehension and retention through full engagement of their minds and bodies
- use fun and easy strategies to increase achievement
- Teach and integrate the NZC Key Competencies and Values
You will receive:
- Cooperative Learning for Primary (Juniors) book
- Kagan Structures for Juniors course workbook
19/20/21 April 2017 9am-4pm
National Library of New Zealand
8 Stanley Street, Parnell
Host a Kagan workshop at your school
1-20 participants $1500 plus
21-50 participants $1500 plus
51-99 participants $1600 plus
100+ participants $1800 plus
- These prices are for school-hosted workshops (school provides venue, catering, and covers trainer travel expenses where applicable)
- All teachers are required to purchase the “Cooperative Learning for Primary (Juniors)” book valued at $62 but the workshop special price is $52
- Teacher Aides attending training with their school are not required to purchase the Cooperative Learning for Primary (Juniors) book
- All prices include the workshop workbook
- Prices details: Base-fee plus the per person price, plus the Kagan text (where applicable – usually on the first day only)
- Book more than one day for the year (ie Days 1 and 2) and receive 10% discount
- All prices are exclusive of GST (NB Cooperative Learning for Primary (Juniors) is GST inclusive)
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm new to Kagan - Is this a good place to start?
While we usually advise to start with Level 1 Cooperative Learning, this workshop is also a great starting point for teachers of juniors. So, yes – you will be fine in here. We’ll look after you x
Who should attend this workshop?
Anyone who teaches 4 year olds to 6 or 7 year olds depending on their achievement and socialisation levels. If you are a special needs specialist, you might also find there’s lots in here to use.
Do I have to do all three days?
Yes it’s best, because the content runs across all days.
To do justice to each area of focus and to ensure you leave with the skills to start creating your cooperative and caring environment straight away, we need the time to practice and process structures and strategies.
We will be offering a special deal for this workshop as an inducement to do all three.
You could do them as separate days, but we aren’t sure when we will next be doing other days…just saying.
What other support do you offer?
We offer Kagan Coaching and strategic planning sessions with school leaders including implementation plans. Kagan Coaching for this workshop means we would meet with you and plan and co-run or model a meeting with you.
What about Kagan resources? What ones do we need?
We would advise everyone to buy the Kagan Coopertative Learning book (BKCL) if you don’t already have it in the school. This book is extremely comprehensive and is a fantastic resource. It includes FAQs, research, structures, social skills, resources, activities, classbuilding, teambuilding and lots more.
We would definitely recommend the following:
Silly Sports and Goofy Games; Team Mats; Match Mine ‘Primary’ (juniors) book; Kagan Structures ‘Primary’ Poster set; plus the resources we use in the workshop such as spinners and Mix-n-Match sets.
How many teachers can you train at once?
We can train as many as required dependent on the size of the venue. The more the merrier is always our approach, as you then truly experience how effective Kagan is as a teaching strategy – same directions for any number.